Is America “of the people” or the courts? California voters spoke and determined marriage is between a man and a woman. This also mirrors the D.O.M.A. (Definition of Marriage Act) passed by Congress and signed by then President Bill Clinton. However, an exercise of JUDICIAL ACTIVISM a CA court voted 2-1 that the Constitutional Voice of the people is irrelevant.
Ironic, because if this ruling is ultimately upheld by the Supreme Court. Then what is to stop Tans-gender marriage or polygamy or IF someone owns a dog, horse, or whatever disgusting warped affinity of love… they should also be allowed to marry. Why would anyone believe this would be limited to homo’s? If you are a citizen and entitled to marry whomever, whatever, or how many “evers” he or she wants…
I can hear the nay-sayers in the background… yet consider these points of illumination:
- MTV … it was purely video – now it is a display of sex, drugs, gangs, and more.
- Television – compare Andy Griffith, Dallas, or Family Ties … to today’s Sex in the City, Nip/Tuck, Glee, Cheaters, Springer, Ru Paul or Gossip Girl.
- Movies – ditto
- Education – no pledge of allegiance, no prayer, teach about gay lifestyles, teach liberal ideals, this is one lengthy list…nuff said.
- Respect – Holding doors for ladies; standing up from the table when she powders her nose;
- Immigration – compare Ellis Island to come one come all we won’t deport you if you are a criminal, deportation is only for the “bad” criminals
- Government – it formerly consisted of 3 branches… today it is 5: Executive, Judicial, Legislative, Bureaucracy of the Fed, and Judicial Activism.
- Fallacy of Global Warming – Dust Bowl, Ice Age, of lore… Compared with recent activity since 1971: FL, CA, TX, NE, MD, NC, HI, MN & Argentina, Iraq, Australia, Ethiopia, China…not to mention Floods, blizzards … change the year it is the same thing year after year.
The more we tolerate, the greater our societal deterioration. A little here, a little there…snowballs into chaos until we barely recognize our nation.