PROGRESSIVE’S: THE ENEMY on BOTH SIDES of the AISLE
Before diving into the core problem it is imperative, you fully comprehend what Progressivism is at its fundamental principle. It is bathed, dressed, hair and make-up complete as though it were a bride on her wedding day, for everyone to “ooo” and “Ahhhh” while walking down the aisle. However, when we look beneath the surface of the stark white dress, we can be frightened by its true evil and “butt ugly” nature.
Progressivism as defined by Halpin and Conor in “The Progressive Intellectual Tradition in America, “moving beyond the status quo to more equal and just social conditions consistent with original American democratic principles such as freedom, equality, and the common good.” They continue noting, “The original Progressive Era is known for two major developments: One, Political Reform …and Two, Economic Reforms….Progressives’ overall goal was to replace a rigid economic philosophy…with a more democratic political order.” HOLD ON, there is more! They also note, “Progressivism has always been a part of a broader global movement to build more humane, just, and economically stable international community based on full opportunity and self-determination for all citizens.”
Wait we had that before these nut-jobs and we still have it now. What? Do you have a choice to: turn left or right? Take drugs or not take? Study or not study? Work or not work? Marry or not marry? Cheat on your wife or not cheat? Attend school or skip school? Be an apprentice, learn a trade or not work and live off the government? Everything is just as it is. IF you are displeased with where you are at in life…YOU hold the power to make different decisions and change your circumstance! NOT one person needs the United States Federal Government to direct their decision-making.
Ready for the kicker? Halpin and Conor noted in the conclusion of their writing, “Progressivism-the promotion of human autonomy within a democratic national community-thus provided Americans with the means and ideas to shape their own lives and destinies in better ways. It provided them a viable way to free themselves from the tyranny of excessive corporate power and a corrupt political class…It made economic behavior subject to public regulation.”
Yes, be afraid. Be very afraid. Barack Obama is a progressive creating a dual class society Upper and Lower and unabashedly politicizes every kernel of corn…until it pops. A quiz on the americanprogress.org site encourages you to learn how conservative or progressive you are, I scored a 35 out of 400 for which the ideological score makes me extremely conservative. Phew, they didn’t call me a Republican. The hilarious part of the 40 question quiz? Every question aligns with Barack Obama’s political agenda for America. Hmmm.
The first major player in this arena was Woodrow Wilson, an academic of sorts. The “Progressive Era”, considered from 1890 to 1920 by historians; however, this era has not ended. It is alive in the form of Obama, George Soros, and many members of Obama’s Cabinet. When you heard Obama on the campaign trail promising to “fundamentally transform” the United States of America, they believe the Constitution lacks the ability to address issues of a modern world.
The primary tenants of this movement are:
- Reject the notion, thought, and deed that any political truths held by our Founding Fathers are not permanent principles. They were only true back then, not today. Charles Merriam, a Progressive scholar wrote, “American political theory is to disregard the once dominant idea of natural rights and social contract. No man, who is well abreast of modern science as the Fathers were of eighteenth century science, believes in unchanging human nature. Modern humanistic thinkers who seek for a means to which society may transcend external conflict and rigid adherence to property rights as its integrating principles can expect no answer in the philosophy of balanced government as was set down by the Constitution in 1176.”
- They do not believe in unchanging principles. They always change. Hmmm, the fallacy with this is obvious, unless you don’t believe in “thou shalt not kill”; or thou shalt not commit adultery; or thou shall not steal or other “permanent truths” which originated in era of Romans, or Greeks, or the Renaissance, or Revolutionary times. Ah, but those are not permanent, heck those were values in Moses day, just like the principles of our Constitution. Progressives want to have it both ways so they can have their cake and eat it to. Surely, another important document, The Declaration of Independence which refers to the God given rights of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness is not wrong.
- The preamble of the Constitution introduces the vehicle whose sated purpose is to secure the rights of life and liberty. Oh sure, happiness? In the 18th century, the definition of Welfare was happiness & well-being. The Constitution is deliberate to protect the rights defined by the Declaration.
- Thoughts, beliefs, and principles are all relevant to each other, but merely at the point in time, which they are present. John Dewey, progressive father of education theory, wrote, “Liberalism is committed to the idea of historic relativity. It knows that the content of the individual and freedom change as it is of individual development from infancy to maturity. The positive counterpart of opposition to doctrinal absolutism is experimentalism. The connection between historic relativity and experimental method is intrinsic. Time signifies change. The significance of individualism with respect to social policies alters with change of the conditions in which individuals live. The earlier liberalism (of the founding fathers) in being absolute was also unhistoric.”
Ah, historic relativity, we all learned of that one in school, lol. This part of progressivism is also a fallacy. The pillars of our Founding Fathers; Declaration, and Constitution “IS” that progress was understood to be, change in light of unchanging standards. Improvement implies the aptitude to progress further, while perceptive of what is good and bad.
QUIZ: What periods of time have these factors in common?
- Civil unrest
- Horrible Economy
- Domestic Terrorism
- Unions running out of control
ANSWER: EVERY Progressive Era
“Killing a cop just because he’s a cop, that’ll happen. And that should happen. And there’s nothing inhuman about it at all. It’s survival. It’s the most human thing in the world.” – Bernadine Dohrn – Weatherman
“The progressive defenders of the bureaucratic state see government as the source of benevolence, the moral embodiment of the collective desire to bring about social justice as a practical reality. They believe only the mean spirited reactionaries can object to a government whose purpose is to bring about this good end. Today, with the replacement of limited government constitutionalism by an administrative state, we see the emergence of new elite, seeking to establish a new form of perfect justice. But as the founders and Reagan understood, in the absence of angels governing men, or men becoming angels, limited government remains the most reasonable and just form of human government.” – John Marini
Progressive tactics prevalent in the US are Tolerance and Omission and demagoguery, and ignorance. “Uncle Sam, tell me how to live; what I can do; what I can’t do; provide me money and services for what I don’t have and deserve; control our lives and tell me how much I should earn and who I should give money to; you manage money better than I, Amen.” – Liberal Prayer
In the HG Wells classic “the Time Machine”, the time traveler goes to the future and encounters the “Eloi” who are the result of a communist society. They do no work, live in deteriorated buildings, and do no work. The Eloi (elitist) are the result of living off the fruits from the Morlocks (working class). You see the socialist environment creates two socio-economic classes: The “Have’s” and the “Have-not’s”. The middle class is squeezed out, because they are the prime source of resources. The upper middle class fall or rise the fastest, while the balance are forced to the bottom and support the “Have’s”.
No one is entitled to a house, car, health care, utilities, food or anything else in this world. The Progressive movement is to eliminate the Constitution; redistribute wealth; and ultimately secure power for the elitists in control. They do not care about you; or who you are; any more than the man on the moon. They claim, preach, and lie about caring; however, the reality of the movement is hate. Look out when you verbally disagree with one. Oh, the attempted guilt trip; dirty words; lies; and hatred in the verbal opine spewed forth at you. When I encounter one, it is akin to involvement in a Jerry Springer Episode.
Have you viewed the New Black Panther election video on voter intimidation? Perhaps the video of King Samir Shabazz rant, “I hate white people, all of them, every last iota of a cracker, I hate him…We are out here on South Street, with these white dirty cracker (expletive)…you want freedom…you’re going to have to kill some crackers.” It certainly was a disgusting display of racism. Racism? Yes, and reverse discrimination by a man, who Attorney General Eric Holder, let off the hook without trial. What is that odor? Something doesn’t smell right. If you or I, verbalized comments of this nature at another race, we would be crucified, locked up, and key thrown away.